AVAN NATURAL SCIENCE MUSEUMViso del Marqués (Ciudad Real)GPS: 38.522098541259766, -3.5644800662994385
The Natural Science Museum of Viso del Marqués is located in the ancient building were the Council House was. Easily found due to the tower with a clock which marks the urban trace of the village.
It was funded by “Asociación Viseña Amigos de la Naturaleza” (AVAN, Viso del Marqués Nature Friends Association) in 1988. This association has as a primary aim: studying, researching, promoting and contributing to the nature preserving. Non-profited, in an altruist way, as shown the foundational statutes, that the fourteen founder partners of AVAN (now more than 700) fixed as a goal.
Most of the samples offered to the visitor are permanent. Flora, fauna, minerals, rocks, fossils, mushrooms, etymological collection, specially Lepidoptera, malacology (shells and conchs), compound with other natural aspects the essence of this alive museum, dedicated to promoting the researching, the study and the respect of the preserving and the nature improvement of the entire Spain and in Castilla-La Mancha specially through its exhibition rooms, mycology journeys, talks, conferences and other activities.
In winter, from Tuesday to Friday: 10:00-14:00 / 16:00-18:00. Saturdays: 10:00-14:00 / 16:00-19:00.
In summer, from Tuesday to Friday: 10:00-14:00 / 17:00-19:00. Saturdays: 10:00-14:00 / 17:00-20:00. Sundays: 10:00-14:00.
Telephone: (+34) 926 336 815
- Museo de Ciencias Naturales AVAN[ima1]
- Museo de Ciencias Naturales AVAN[ima2]
- Museo de Ciencias Naturales AVAN[ima3]
- Museo de Ciencias Naturales AVAN[ima4]
- Museo de Ciencias Naturales AVAN[ima5]
- Museo de Ciencias Naturales AVAN[ima6]
- Museo de las Ciencias Naturales AVAN[ima7]
- Museo de las Ciencias Naturales AVAN[ima8]
- Museo de las Ciencias Naturales AVAN[ima9]