HUETE PHOTOGRAPHY MUSEUMHuete (Cuenca)GPS: 40.135799407958984, -2.691649913787842
Huete has a unique place in Spain, the Photography Museum of Antonio Pérez foundation, a place where the enthusiastic about photography can get lost among the museum walls and enjoy of an original art.
The museum is located in the ancient Jesús y María convent, a beautiful Renaissance building rehabilitated for the purpose of being the headquarters of this museum. The beautiful facade that allows the access to the church, being a genuine example of the Renaissance, a symbiosis between the architecture and the sculpture designed by Valdevira and that offers to the visitors a Devotion, the Shepherd’s devotion.
Its cloisters are an example of the new function of the building, due to the fact that it is unavoidable to see it and not to take a photograph like a souvenir. Its ancient corridors and rooms house two expositions, the temporary one, which usually shows big photography figures nationally known, and the permanent one, that it is composed by funds of Antonio Pérez foundation. Its corridors are covered by photos of artists like Luis Escobar, Isabel Muñoz o Santiago Torralba that award to this beautiful building an unique content for the photography world.
Price: 2€ person. Children younger than 10, free entry.
Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in the mornings.
Winter timetable (from October to April): 11.00 – 14.00 / 16.00 – 18.00.
Summer timetable (from May to September): 11.00 – 14.00 / 17.00 – 19.00
- Museo de Fotografía. Foto: Santiago Torralba[ima1]
- Museo de Fotografía. Foto: Juanfran Márquez[ima2]
- Museo de Fotografía. Foto: Juanfran Márquez[ima3]
- Museo de Fotografía. Foto: Juanfran Márquez[ima4]
- Museo de Fotografía. Foto: Artetinta[ima5]
- Museo de Fotografía. Foto: Artetinta[ima6]
- Museo de Fotografía (Huete)[ima7]
- Museo de Fotografía. Foto: Santiago Torralba[ima8]
- Museo de Fotografia. Foto: David Gómez[ima9]
- Museo Fotografia Huete 1 [ima10]