Santo Domingo TowerCuenca (Cuenca)GPS: 40.070499420166016, -2.1367199420928955
Santo Domingo Tower is the last remnant of the church with the same name that seemingly, according to history, had a huge hall and several chapels. Next to the tower there is still a wall with remains of the building’s original structure.
The church was remodelled in 1863 by Juan José Trigueros but the temple was torn down in 1929 with the aim of using the land for the courts. Therefore, the tower is standing isolated, losing its purpose of a belltower; it looks more like a defensive watchtower.