PROVINCIAL MUSEUM OF CIUDAD REALCiudad Real (Ciudad Real)GPS: 38.98609924316406, -3.9293599128723145
The museum is divided into two sections.
The paleontology collection is a compound of fossils remains from the different sites of the province. In this collection are also included scenes to help us understand our surroundings where other species lived. The main attractions of the museum is on the upper floor: theAnancus Arvernensis(Mastodon) and theStephanorthinus etruscus(Rhinocerus) the most ancient of Europe.
The archeology collection has a large audiovisual support, scenes and miniatures which cover from the Lower Paleolithic to the creation of the city in the Middle Ages (ceramics from the Bronze Age, Iberian sculptures, Roman mosaics…).
From Tuesdays to Saturdays and public holidays: 10:00-14:00 and 17:00-20:00.
Mondays and Sundays afternoon: closed.
Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays: free
Discounts: 1.5€ (Youth card, large families, groups of more than 10 people by appointment).
Telephone: (+34) 926 226869
- Museo Provincial de Ciudad Real - Anacus vista frontal
- Museo Provincial de Ciudad Real - Anillo
- Museo Provincial de Ciudad Real - Fauna paleolítica
- Museo Provincial de Ciudad Real - Fósil
- Museo Provincial de Ciudad Real - Montaje de Anacus
- Museo Provincial de Ciudad Real - Morabetino
- Museo Provincial de Ciudad Real - Esfinge ibérica